January 28, 2019
2019 started off with a BANG at Garden Courte
The long awaited construction project began at Garden Courte Memory Care on
January 7th! The construction crew have been hard at work this last week knocking out walls and creating larger spaces for our residents’ care needs. The Great news is that we will have Restrooms in most of our shared and private rooms, and still leave our residents with 7 bathrooms in the halls for easy access.
There are 4 phases to this project! Each phase is predicted to be completed in a couple of months. So, as we continue through this journey at Garden Courte please know that we continue to conduct tours.
Each month we will send out an update and pictures of our progress . If you have any questions, would like to schedule a tour, or save a room for the future need of your loved one, please contact Dawn Peterson, Director of Sales & Marketing at 360-491-4435 or email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Warm Regards,From our Staff at Garden Courte
626 Lilly Rd. NE
Olympia, WA 98506
September 9, 2015
When Researching Assisted Living & Memory Care
See a change in your parent or loved one that leads you to believe they might benefit from an assisted living community? You don’t know where to turn. As the healthcare industry experiences a digital boom, 77% of us begin our healthcare search online, according to the 2015 Healthcare Consumer Trends Survey. But how do we know who and what to trust?
Here are 5 of the most trusted locations to help you begin your search for a senior living community!
1. Always talk to your family, friends, and neighbors first–Word of mouth is powerful!
2. Connect with people who serve seniors, such as:
- Senior centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Meals on Wheels volunteers
- Pharmacists and Dieticians
- Hospital Administrative staff, nurses, and paramedics
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Physicians, including ophthalmologists, neurologists, psychiatrists and geriatricians
- Psychotherapists, psychologists and licensed counselors
- Home care and hospice providers
3. Research online reviews. Review sites publish reviews of local businesses, written by people who have had first hand experiences with the business. The top sites we recommend are ￼Google® and Yelp®. Some review sites even help users find out which assisted living community will provide the best care for aging parents.
4. Go to their Facebook page! Check out the vibrancy of the community. Do they go out on outings? Are they consistently connected to family, friends, and the community? Are they promoting health and wellness? Do the residents look inspired or challenged? Are they happy?
5. Call a handful of your favorite communities and set up a tour with your loved one. Experience, first-hand, what is offered at each community while asking questions.