Who needs the box when you can have this homemade Instant Pot Hamburger Helper on your table in less than 25 minutes! Easy, delicious comfort food made entirely in one pot.
Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
If you know me, you know I say homemade is ALWAYS better! While many think buying boxed food is much easier than making it yourself, that isn’t always true!
My Instant Pot Hamburger Helper recipe requires a short list of simple, kitchen staple ingredients, 23 minutes of your time, and is much more flavorful than the boxed version. After trying this homemade hamburger helper, you’ll never go back to the box again!
- You Know Exactly What’s In It
- Fast & Easy, Only 23 Minutes, One Pot Meal
- Uses Simple Ingredients
- Tons of flavour!
- Delicious Comfort Food Dish Your Family Will Love!
The thing I like most about homemade versions of our favorite comfort foods, is that you know EXACTLY what’s going into it. There are no additives or preservatives, no mystery ingredients, just deliciousness here! Creamy, cheesy and undeniably delectable, this one pot meal requires very little prep, minimal cleanup and is a dish your entire family will flock to the table for.
- Olive Oil – Substitute sunflower, safflower, or avocado oil.
- Onion and Garlic – Essential flavor enhancers to any dish.
- Ground Beef – I used extra lean ground beef.
- Seasoning – Oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Worcestershire Sauce – This is going to add a nice, rich deep flavor and color.
- Beef Broth – I always use low sodium to control the salt levels.
- Milk – Any type will work, dairy or non dairy.
- Pasta – I used elbow macaroni, feel free to use your noodle of preference.
- Cheese – I used cheddar cheese, shredded. Feel free to use your preference or a combination of cheese.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley, chopped
How To Make Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
- Prep Instant Pot: Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. (See your manufacturer’s guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.)
- Cook Beef: Add the olive oil to the instant pot and heat. Add the ground beef, onion and garlic and break up the beef with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add Ingredients: Add the oregano, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, broth, milk and elbow macaroni. Stir well, scraping the bottom to remove any stuck bits. Close the lid. Cook on high pressure (Manual setting) for 5 minutes.
- Finish and Serve: Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, quick release the pressure and stir well. Stir in the cheese and garnish with parsley. Serve.
- Make sure to always check your manufacturer’s guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.
- Just because the boxed version has multiple variations, doesn’t mean I don’t! Check out my Three Cheese Hamburger Helper, Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper, or One Pot Hamburger Helper Lasagna for some more inspiration.
- Make sure when you’re adding the ingredients to scrape the brown bits in the bottom of the instant pot, they add delicious flavor!
- Play around with cheeses, spices etc to make this dish your own. There are a ton of variations you can make with this base recipe.
This instant pot hamburger helper is just as delicious the next day! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 – 4 days.
If you want to freeze your leftovers, let them cool completely then freeze in an airtight container. Your instant pot hamburger helper will stay fresh for up to 3 months if stored properly.
More Great Recipes To Try
- Three Cheese Hamburger Helper
- Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Two Ingredient Fat Free Lemon Bars
- Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken